Espresso and Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Overall Time: 25 minutes Servings: 24
Creamy, soften in your mouth shortbread with espresso/coffee and chocolate chips!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, area temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered/icing/confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch (or a lot more flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Defeat the butter and sugar for 5-6 minutes just before mixing in the vanilla.
- Carefully mix in the mixture of the flour, cornstarch, salt, and espresso.
- Kind the dough into a log, wrap and chill in the fridge for 2+ hours, right before slicing into 1/4 inch slices and positioning on a parchment paper (or silicon mat) lined baking sheet!
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until eventually the base just commences to brown, about 12 minutes, in advance of eradicating from the oven and permitting amazing completely on the baking sheet.
Option: Variety the dough into any desired cookie designs and position on a parchment paper (or silicon mat) lined baking sheet!
Solution: Swap some or all of the cornstarch with flour.
Suggestion: Use a sharp knife, use power, and slash swiftly to lower crumbling when you slice the shortbread dough.