Table of Contents
I really feel that edible variety of mushrooms are an excellent ingredient to work with. These are nutritious, get cooked within minutes and are super tasty. So, even if you are hesitant with the thought of mushrooms, I’ll say try this gluten free recipe of Garlic Butter Mushrooms that I’ve shared here. Button mushrooms, butter, garlic and herbs is all you need to make these quick dish, packed with flavors. This 15 minute Garlic Mushrooms recipe will surely develop your liking towards mushrooms.
About Garlic Butter Mushroom
Garlic, butter and mushrooms are a win win combination always. Add in some herbs, spices and make the flavors go top notch. This recipe is always a winner and can be easily adapted to the spices or herbs that you have.
Mushrooms are a wholesome ingredient and have a terrific nutritional profile brimming with vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and are also considered great for the heart, skin and digestive system.
My recipe is fabulously simple, easy, fuss-free and tasty made with just 6 ingredients. It is one of those Mushroom Recipes that I like to make for a quick brunch or lunch, as it gets done within 15 to 20 minutes.
This Buttery Garlic Mushrooms is so easy that even a beginner or an amateur cook can make it. Apart from the button mushrooms, garlic and butter, I simply add dried oregano and black pepper to season it. You can use your choice of herbs in the recipe.
I make Garlic Mushrooms a lot of times at home, and serve it with an Indian flatbread. You can also have it as a side dish with any main course or even as a snack.
Other ways of relishing this dish are serving it on top of toasts, stuffing it in wraps or rolls or making scrumptious tacos with it. Sandwiches or pita breads stuffed with these mushrooms also taste fab.
How to make Garlic Butter Mushrooms
1. Firstly, rinse or wipe 250 grams white button mushrooms and then chop them. Then, on low heat, add 2 tablespoons butter in a pan.
2. Keep the heat to low, so that the butter does not get burnt.
3. Add 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic.
4. Sauté till the raw aroma of garlic goes away. No need to brown the garlic.
5. Now, add the chopped button mushrooms.
6. Stir and sauté on low to medium heat.
7. Initially, the mushrooms will leave a lot of water.
8. Continue to sauté, till all the water evaporates. There should be no traces of water in the pan. You could continue to sauté until the mushrooms appear a light golden or golden at the edges.
9. Once all the water has evaporated, add 1 teaspoon mix dried herbs, ¾ to 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper and salt.
You can add any dried herb of your choice. I added 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
If using fresh herbs, then add about 2 teaspoons. You can use fresh herbs like coriander, basil, parsley or mint. If you have used salted butter, then add less salt.
8. Mix well and switch off the heat.
9. Serve Garlic Butter Mushroom as is or accompany with bread or Indian flatbreads.
- Fresh mushrooms may have a lot of dirt in them. Ensure that you rinse and wipe them well before chopping them.
- Mushrooms also leave a lot of moisture while being cooked. So, make sure to sauté till all the moisture evaporates.
- You can add your choice of dried herbs in the recipe. If using fresh herbs (parsley, basil, coriander, mint), add about 2 teaspoons of them.
- Both salted or unsalted butter can be used to make the dish. If using salted butter, add less salt as the seasoning.
- You can top the Garlic Butter Mushroom with grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese and bake or grill in the oven till the cheese melts.
- Prepare the dishes for a larger number of people by easily doubling or tripling the recipes.
- To make a vegan Garlic Mushroom recipe, simply swap the butter with olive oil. The mushrooms will taste delicious.
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Garlic Butter Mushrooms | Garlic Mushrooms
This 15 Minutes Garlic Butter Mushrooms is a super quick, easy and yum recipe of white button mushrooms sautéed with butter, garlic and herbs. Made with only 6 ingredients but packed with full flavor.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Prevent your screen from going dark while making the recipe
Firstly rinse or wipe the mushrooms and then chop them.
On a low heat, add 2 tablespoons butter in a pan. Keep the heat to low, so that the butter does not get burnt.
Add the finely chopped garlic and sauté for about half a minute on low heat, till their raw aroma of garlic goes away.
Now add the button mushrooms. Stir and saute them on a low to medium heat. Initially the mushrooms will leave lot of water.
Continue to saute them till all the water evaporates.
You can continue to sauté until the mushrooms turn a light golden or golden at the edges.
- Once all of the water has evaporated and the mixture looks dry, add the dried herbs, crushed black pepper and salt. You can add any dried herb of your choice. I added 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
Mix well. Switch off the heat.
Serve Garlic Butter Mushroom as is or accompanied with bread or any flat bread.
- Rinse the mushrooms in water to remove any dirt logged on them.
- If out of button mushrooms, you can use oyster mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms or cremini mushrooms.
- For a vegan variation, use olive oil instead of butter.
- Feel free to add your choice of fresh or dried herbs. If using fresh herbs, add about 2 teaspoons of them or as needed. You can use fresh herbs like coriander, basil, chives or parsley. You can even add mint leaves.
- If you have used salted butter, then add less salt to the dish.
Garlic Butter Mushrooms | Garlic Mushrooms
Amount Per Serving
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 15g94%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Vitamin A 747IU15%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.2mg13%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 9mg45%
Vitamin B6 0.4mg20%
Vitamin B12 0.2µg3%
Vitamin C 8mg10%
Vitamin D 1µg7%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin K 18µg17%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 49µg12%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This Garlic Butter Mushrooms recipe post from the archives, first published on June 2016 has been republished and updated on November 2022.