Many people love French toast, however we all know that the ingredients used are pretty high in cholesterol and fat. Butter, eggs, syrup, and thick bread are all a dieter’s worst nightmare, not to mention all the yummy toppings available to add. You will be stunned to find out that you could make this meal healthy and delicious at the same time! All you need to do is use a few simple alternatives.
Customarily French toast is made with eggs and bread with toppings along the lines of butter, syrup, and even whipped cream. That’s where the problem emerges; those items are high in fat and cholesterol also. In this article I will give you a few healthy substitutions for these common French toast ingredients and toppings and then bring it all together in a fabulous recipe.
Using low-fat milk and egg replacements can cut the fat and cholesterol of this particular meal by up to 75 percent. Replace the high sugar and calorie content of maple syrup by using a syrup that is sugar free. You can replace butter on the pan with margarine spread or olive oil. Fruits are a good substitute topping to use. Blueberries, strawberries, or even cherries will give your toast a healthy edge without sacrificing taste.
These substitutes will effectively decrease most of the fat and high cholesterol intake which are connected with conventional French toast. At this point, we know what items to use, now we’ll go over how to make French toast with these healthy ingredients.
To make low-fat French Toast, follow this easy recipe:
- First, use a shallow bowl to pour your egg substitute and low-fat milk into.
- Next, add cinnamon, should you wish. You can’t really taste the cinnamon in the final product, it just servers to enhance the overall flavor.
- Put whole grain, thinly sliced bread into the bowel to allow the egg to take in.
- Pre-heat the pan at medium heat, then put a little amount of the substitute butter into the pan.
- As soon as you put the bread within the frying pan, cook both sides to your own browning desire. Cooking time need to take between 6-10 minutes.
That’s how to make easy French toast that is low in calories, fat, and cholesterol. Most importantly, it still tastes good! You do not have to ditch your preferred breakfast when eating healthy. Making the effort to get the best substitutions means you can start your day off healthy and tasteful!