Table of Contents
These are the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes that you’ll ever try! I’ve rounded up an ultimate list of my favorite variations, from chewy classic chocolate chip cookies, cheesecake stuffed cookies and more.
Guys, if you can’t tell, I love cookies. I mean, it’s in the name. But I make no reservations when it comes to trying all the cookie recipes I can get my hands on. Through the years, one cookie reigns supreme in my kitchen: the chocolate chip cookie.
Who can resist a perfect chocolate chip cookie? With its soft and chewy middle and buttery, crispy edges. Those sweet bursts of chocolate chips throughout. Delicious caramelized flavors, all packed into a perfectly sugary pocket, ready to be dunked in milk. I’m tempted to drop everything and bake a batch as I type.
There are so many ways to elevate your humble chocolate chip cookie, too, without overcomplicating things. I’ve rounded up some of the best cookie recipes on my site as proof in the pudding!
What Makes These Recipes the Best?
Aside from being cookies (which automatically makes them the best, duh), the recipes I’m sharing today all have some major perks in common. What makes them the best of the best? Let’s discuss:
- Ease. My goal when baking is always to put together recipes that anyone can make. Whether you’re a seasoned home baker or just dipping your toes into the batter, these cookie recipes are simple and straightforward, and always taste amazing.
- Variety. It’s the spice of life. When it comes to homemade chocolate chip cookies, a bit of imagination goes a long way! Below you’ll find cookies zhooshed up with browned butter, salted caramel, big chocolate chips, little chocolate chips, plus chocolate chip cookies stuffed with everything from cheesecake to Nutella. Everyone loves a classic chocolate chip cookie, but why stop there when the possibilities are ENDLESS?
- Next-Level Yum. I mean, you can’t go wrong with a perfectly baked, tender chocolate chip cookie. These recipes use simple techniques and come together easily for the ultimate in flavor, fun, and just all-around yum.
So, what’s in a perfect chocolate chip cookie? The truth is, often you don’t need to reinvent the wheel or go wild with a secret ingredient or cookie-voodoo ritual you heard about on TikTok (though I do love a good TikTok). These chocolate chip cookies recipes are just about guaranteed to come out the best every time, thanks to a few helpful tips and tricks:
- Chill the Dough: Chilling the dough isn’t always a must in chocolate chip cookie recipes, but it is recommended! Why? Well, there are a few reasons. The main ones are that chilling the dough allows time for the flavors to develop, enriches the color of the dough, and relaxes the gluten. All of these things contribute to cookies that are super flavorful, chewy, and soft, with buttery, crispy edges.
- Bake While the Dough Is Cold: If you’re going to reap the benefits of chilled cookie dough, the key is to strike while the iron is hot – in this case, cold! An easy way to do this is to portion the dough into scoops before you chill it, then bake straight from the fridge. Otherwise, let the chilled dough sit out just enough to soften a bit before scooping it onto a baking sheet.
- Be Generous With the Chocolate Chips: When it comes to the amount of chocolate in chocolate chip cookies, does a limit even exist? I’m gonna go with no.
- Measure Accurately: Overmeasured flour is the prime culprit for cookies that turn out dense and chewy (and not in a good way!). I always recommend using the spoon and level method when measuring flour, or the spoon and shake method. Both of these involve spooning the flour into the measuring cup as opposed to scooping directly from the bag. Afterward, either level the flour off with the back of a knife, or shake the measuring cup gently to even it out.
- Watch the Bake Time: Perfect chocolate chip cookies will actually look underdone when they come out of the oven. Trust me on this one. Exact baking times will vary depending on the size of your cookies and on your oven. Watch the cookies as they’re baking, and as soon as the edges turn golden, that’s your cue to take them out. The centers will continue to set up while the cookies cool.
- Let Them Cool: … Speaking of, make sure to let your cookies cool enough before they leave the baking sheet. Once they’ve sat out for a bit, you can transfer them to a wire rack to cool fully. And as tempting as it is to snatch a steaming cookie fresh from the oven, resist. Moving the cookies before they’ve had a chance to set can cause them to break. Not to mention, no one wants a scorched palate from piping hot, melted chocolate!
And now, let’s hop to it with the best chocolate chip cookie recipes. Bust out your stretchy pants, ‘cause you’ll want to bake all of these in one go!
PIN for later: